Privacy and Security Policy
VolumeFX Ltd is committed to protect the privacy of all personal data which is obtained from you, including any data we obtain during your visits to VolumeFX websites. VolumeFX handles, retains and processes your data only insofar as this is in accordance with the applicable legal requirements and only to the extent it is necessary for the achievement of the purposes set out herein. VolumeFX Ltd is bound by the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 as well as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU 2016/679).
VolumeFX Ltd, our associates, any members, agents and/or sub-contractors which we engage or work through for the purpose of collecting, storing and processing Personal Data and any third parties acting on our behalf, may collect, process, use and store Personal Data provided by you for the purposes of carrying out transactions, and/or other services, operational support and development of our or their business.
Information We May Collect
In order for VolumeFX to provide its clients with the investment services, VolumeFX is required to collect, process and retain personal data of its clients in accordance with the mandatory AML and KYC legal requirements. This includes, among others, your name, date of birth, residential address, passport number, email address, telephone number, profession, payment information and information concerning your financial status. In order to provide our products and services, we may collect your information through several different sources, including but not limited to:
- Website and forms
- Website Live Chat
- CRM system
- Via Phone
- Via Email
- Other Third Party Processors
- Third Party Service Providers
- Existing Clients
- Partners, Employees
VolumeFX also collects and processes personal information about you, which is necessary in order to provide you with its services, as listed below in the section “How do we use and share your personally identifiable information?” This includes information about you when you complete an online application or another type of form and when you access and trade through your VolumeFX account. Additionally, we may also obtain personal information as a result of authentication or identity checks, including checks with credit reference agencies (who may keep a record of the information) to prevent fraud. VolumefX may also derive information from your use of the VolumefX websites and software client and may store this information with your personal profile. This information may include site areas visited, pages viewed, frequency and duration of visits, Internet Protocol (IP) address, computer identification parameters, types of transactions conducted, documents downloaded, mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity as well as text you type in this website and which website referred you to ours or to which websites you link.
Personal Information Protection
All information you provide to us is encrypted and stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. The privacy and confidentiality of your personal information is of fundamental importance to us. We take all appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data and personal information. We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents in order to operate, develop or improve our services. Among a lot of measures, we use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption. We also enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorize access to employees who need it in order to perform their responsibilities. We have enabled 2-Factor Authentication technology to provide extra protection of your account and ensure the mitigation of potential security threats.
Personal Identifiable Information Disclosure
VolumeFX may use your personal information and share it with partners contractors, service providers, advisors, transaction processors and affiliates of VolumeFX (including parent, sister and subsidiary companies) (the “Partners”) for the following purposes only, and upon your explicit consent:
- to provide you the services that you have requested including processing transactions;
- to confirm your identity;
- to assess your suitability to the products and services we provide;
- to maintain your personal profile;
- to manage your account;
- to contact you when necessary or appropriate in relation to the services being provided to you, including via a third party mailing platform;
- to keep you updated while you are a client in relation to matters such as contracts you have traded and activities of VolumeFX;
- to manage and administer the products and services provided to you;
- for marketing purposes, including, but not limited to providing you with information regarding the products and services offered by VolumeFX and its Partners;
- to develop an understanding of the products and services that you may be interested in obtaining from VolumeFX and to tailor the website to your needs and interests;
- to create impersonalized statistical data;
- to conduct surveys and questionnaires;
- to enforce the governing terms and conditions; If VolumeFX believes that you have breached the governing terms and conditions, or abused your rights to use the services, or performed any act or omission that VolumeFX believes to be violating any applicable law, rules, or regulations, then VolumeFX may share your information with law enforcement agencies and other competent authorities as well as with other third parties, as may be required; If VolumeFX is required, or believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information to financial authorities or to any other third party;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and VolumeFX, or between you and other clients or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the services VolumeFX provides;
- In any case where VolumeFX believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or damage to property;
- If VolumeFX organizes the operation of its services within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity, or if VolumeFX is acquired by, or merged with another entity, provided however, that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy as well as confidential agreements;
Cookies are small files of information, which often include a unique identification number or value, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive as a result of your use of the VolumeFX trading software and/or access of the VolumeFX websites. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We set a persistent cookie for statistical purposes. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the location and the interests of our users and to enhance the experience of our services on our site. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. If you do not wish to receive cookies altogether, you may be able to change the settings of your browser to refuse all cookies or to have your computer notify you each time a cookie is sent to it, and thereby give yourself the choice whether to accept it or not. However, this may impair the quality of the services that we provide to you in relation to your account. If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by VolumeFX Ltd websites, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit https://www.aboutcookies.org which contains information of how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
When you use the VolumeFX websites, you may be able to link to other websites. This Privacy & Security Policy does not apply to those other sites which may be linked to from VolumeFX’s website and we are not responsible for any personal information collected by third parties via those other sites.
Transfer of Data to Third Countries
Personal data may be transferred by VolumeFX to third parties in European Economic Area Member States as well as to non-European Economic Area Member States for the purposes described in this policy. You give your express and unambiguous consent to such transfer, provided that such transfer will always happen under the regulations for data protection governing our operations.
Re-marketing with Google Analytics
We may use the information we collect to assist us in delivering relevant ads to you (Remarketing). Remarketing is a way for us to connect with our websites and ads visitors, based upon their past interactions with our website and ads. Third-party marketing vendors may be hired by VolumeFX to perform such remarketing services. As a result, third-party vendors, including Google, may show VolumeFX’s ads on internet sites. Such third-party vendors, including Google, may also use their cookies, third party cookies and similar technologies to serve ads based on a visitor’s prior visits to VolumeFX’s website. You may opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers and opt out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager. You are also encouraged to visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. For further information you can also visit Google’s privacy center.
Affiliates and Partners
VolumeFX may share information with partners, Associates and Third Parties in the event such information is reasonably required by such Associates and Third Parties in order to:
- Offer additional similar products and services that meet your needs and which are delivered in a manner that is useful and relevant (only where you have authorized us to do so); and/or
- Service customer accounts.
VolumeFX does not sell, license, lease or otherwise disclose personal information to third parties, except as described in this Privacy Statement.
Amendments to Policy
VolumeFX may change and update the terms of this Privacy and Security Policy from time to time. All changes will take effect seven (7) days after their initial posting on the Website, unless VolumeFX amends the Privacy and Security Policy to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. In the latter cases the amendments will become effective as required, or ordered.
By continuing to use our website or other services offered, you are agreeing to the collection, processing and use of your personal data by VolumeFX.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding this Privacy and Security Policy and the enforcement thereof, please contact us at: [email protected]. After receiving your complaint, VolumeFX may contact you to better understand your concerns and will make all efforts to promptly answer your question, or resolve your complaint to your full satisfaction.